Join us to discover more about the species of deer in the UK whilst also learning about the history of the Boconnoc Deer Park with a tractor trailer ride to the park to watch these beautiful animals marking their territory during the rut, followed by a delicious lunch.
Included within the day:
– An illustrated talk on the six species of deer found in the British Isles
– A background to the historic Boconnoc Deer Park
– A trailer ride to the Deer Park
– Observe the rut
– Understand deer signs including slots, browsing and identifying the differences between male and female droppings
– A look at tree protection
– Types of Deer fencing, traditional and wire
– Return to the Stable Yard for venison stew served with seasonal vegetables from our Kitchen Garden
We will meet at the Stable Yard for 10am.