STAYING AT BOCONNOC
To ensure the safety of everyone staying at Boconnoc we have put measures in place which protect you, your loved ones, other guests and our team. We are aware many of the points mentioned below are obvious practice by now but we did not want to leave anything out. If legislation and advice from the government changes, please be aware that this may impact your booking with us. We are actively checking and making amendments where necessary to ensure that we are in line with the best possible practice. Boconnoc naturally is a tranquil, off the beaten track, secluded location which makes it not only a quiet and peaceful place to stay, but you can also comfortably socially distance in this spacious rural setting.
MEASURES IN PLACE TO HELP KEEP YOU SAFE DURING YOUR STAY:
– Check in and check out – your keys will be available for collection when you arrive in our key safes, the code will be provided to you prior to your arrival. The key can then be returned to the key safe on your departure. The key safe will be thoroughly sanitised prior to your stay. If you are staying in the main house we will let you know where to get the key on arrival
– We ask that all guests take a lateral flow test before travelling to Boconnoc, and only travel if you have had a negative result
– Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance to each property along with our usual toiletries in the bathroom
– Thorough cleaning between each stay in line with best practice as advised by the government is in place and antibacterial cleaning products are available within each property
– Please bring your own tennis equipment if you would like to use the tennis court. Use of the tennis court can be booked in advance with the office via email
– Staff have all been trained and are up to date with the appropriate health and safety measures in line with the government advice
– If you have questions for the office about the property you are in during your stay please do phone or email the office rather than coming in
– Please strip all linen from beds apart from mattress and pillow protectors and put in laundry bags stored under the stairs in the cottages. Tea towels can be left in the kitchen. We need to reduce the handling of linen at all times
– Please clear the fridge and property of all food and drink on departure
– Please load the dishwasher with as much cutlery and crockery as has been used and put on the hottest cycle prior to departure
– Please sanitise your hands before entering the property
– For the safety of others, we will keep names of guests on record for 21 days, in line with GDPR, to help contain clusters or outbreaks and to help the NHS with Test and Trace.
PROTECTING OUR COMMUNITY:
– Please ensure that social distancing is practiced by staying two metres (or whatever the Government guidance is at the time), away from other people staying onsite, tenants who live on the estate and anyone else who is working at Boconnoc
– Please sanitise/wash hands before leaving your property so that if you need to open gates, etc you are taking precautions to protect yourself and others
– There is a games room in the Stable yard. Please only use this space with other members of your household
– Please maintain the cleanliness of the property during your stay – cleaning equipment is provided in each cottage below the sink
– Please only use walking routes marked on the maps emailed to you prior to arrival and do not walk across fields, even if fields are empty
– We would really encourage ordering deliveries of as much local produce as possible and only shopping for essentials in local stores; not only does this help support our local community and businesses, it also helps to reduce the amount of social contact during your stay. Or order one of the veg boxes from our kitchen garden, available between June and October; please see our blog for more information on local suppliers
– We are lucky enough at Boconnoc to have an abundance of activities available on our doorstep. Please do see our ‘things to do’ page on the stays page of the website for ideas and inspiration
– We follow advice from our local tourist board Visit Cornwall who are keeping track of all latest government advice and best practice relating to our beautiful county
– Please ensure that you are following the current government guidelines about who will be sharing your cottage/house during your stay, i.e. from approved household bubbles, as we reserve the right to cancel bookings if advice is not adhered to
– You must not travel to Cornwall if you or any of your party are showing signs of any symptoms or are required to self-isolate under the test and trace system
As per government guidelines, if you or any member of your party show signs of covid-19 whilst staying at Boconnoc, you are required to book a test and isolate immediately at the property. Unless your holiday is nearing its end and there is insufficient time to obtain test results before the end of your holiday, in which case we request that you immediately return home. We should be notified as soon as possible of the test result. If you have remained at Boconnoc in isolation and the test is positive then the whole group must immediately leave the property if this is reasonably possible. If for any reason it is not, and self-isolation is required to take place at Boconnoc then all fees for all bookings affected by this self-isolation will be borne by the guest.
We really look forward to sharing Boconnoc with you over the coming months.
There is acres of space to roam free at Boconnoc, and plenty to do to keep you occupied during your stay
Delicious local produce available and deliveries to your door means you will barely need to leave