Are you a highly organised, friendly individual with a passion for creating the perfect welcome for guests and stakeholders as well as managing a busy office?
Are you computer literate, have great administration skills and particularly enjoy putting guests first?
Are you looking to apply your skillset to a busy, forward-thinking rural estate business?
Do you like the idea of making a meaningful contribution as part of a small, dynamic and flexible team?
Are you passionate about the environment, sustainability and wellbeing?
Boconnoc Estate is situated just outside Lostwithiel, Cornwall. Since the days of the Domesday Book, people have inhabited this beautiful tract of Cornwall—and the estate itself is alive with centuries of history.
Sitting at the heart of the estate is Boconnoc House and cottages which, after 12 years of dedicated refurbishment by the late Anthony Fortescue and his wife Elizabeth, now represent the heights of Cornish luxury. With Georgian architecture, picture-perfect countryside, and buzzing fairs, festivals, and busy events calendar, Boconnoc captures all the enchantment and beauty of Cornwall.
Boconnoc is a busy, vibrant, forward-thinking rural estate. In addition to the estate’s accommodation, retreats, and weddings business, the estate has extensive farming and woodland operations, a large number of let properties (both residential and agricultural), renovation projects, forestry schemes and ambitious environmental targets.
Trustees, Land Agents and a General Manager oversee the operations management of the business and the family are closely involved.
About this role
Based in the office on the beautiful Boconnoc Estate and reporting to the General Manager, we are looking for a Team Administrator to help with the day to day running of the office, being the first point of contact for enquiries and giving an exceptional welcome to our guests. The role is a permanent full-time contract, with a competitive salary of £20,000 per annum depending on experience.
This is a unique opportunity to learn from an experienced team and to be involved with multiple areas of the business. The applicant will need to be organised, conscientious and eager to learn and develop. The applicant should also have genuine shared interest for Boconnoc’s vision and core objectives.
Our Core Objectives
- To provide a place of sanctuary and celebration
- To run events that are innovative, adventurous, educational or inspiring to those that visit
- To balance what is right for the environment and soil with the business
- To keep tradition and history alive for the House, Estate and Farming whilst embracing and leading innovation and generating new ideas and practices
- To be of benefit to the wider community in the surrounding area, breaking down hierarchy
- To provide space to explore spiritual, emotional and physical health
- To be a financially sustainable business
Purpose of this role:
- To provide general administrative support to the Estate Office Team and to assist in the efficient running of the office
- To provide a outstanding welcome to guests, whether through enquiries or during their stay
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide a warm welcome to visitors, staff and contractors. Dealing with telephone and face to face enquiries in an efficient and professional manner
- Responding to incoming enquiries and keeping the online bookings system up to date, as well as the office wall planner and diary
- Maintain the office in good order; ensuring it remains tidy and well ordered, dealing with deliveries, lost property etc
- Ensuring that all tasks are dealt with in a timely and accurate fashion and, where relevant, relayed to colleagues promptly
- Supporting the Property Manager in booking in maintenance jobs, contacting contractors and liaising with tenants where required
- Updating manual and computerised records, and management information systems;
placing orders, checking goods, keeping stock check and monitoring paperwork
- Updating communications channels (such as the website, social media, newsletters and in house brochures) where needed in liaison with the Marketing Manager
- General administrative duties such as invoicing, printing, photocopying, filing, emailing, completion of routine forms, formatting, processing payments, dealing with incoming and outgoing post, updating spreadsheets and reports
- An outgoing individual with excellent communication skills, a friendly demeanour, and a can-do attitude
- Highly organised, pro-active and conscientious, with a strong administrative skillset using their initiative to ensure work is completed
- Willing to pitch in, adaptable and calm in a crisis
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, with solid experience of using Microsoft Word and Excel, experience using online booking systems is desirable but not essential
- Ability to work independently and with initiative, taking full responsibility for assigned tasks and working constructively as part of a small team
- Ability to display resourcefulness, enthusiasm, patience and resilience
- A genuine interest in sustainability, and the business values and objectives
If you’re intrigued and excited by what you’ve read so far, we would love to hear from you. To apply please email the General Manager, Heather Redmond at firstname.lastname@example.org with answers to the questions below in a cover letter and attach your CV.
- What inspires you about this role and Boconnoc?
- What are the three most important values you live by, and why?
- Tell us about your experience and how it may be relevant to this role.
Closing date for applications – Thursday 25th November 2021
If you are interested in this role please do apply before the closing date as we may close it early if we find the right candidate.