TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Confirmation of a booking by the client is deemed acceptance of these terms. Reservations of all holiday accommodation whether made in person, by telephone, email, in writing or from the internet are accepted by Boconnoc House Ltd for Dairy House and Boconnoc House bookings and Boconnoc Holidays for the Grooms House and Head Grooms House bookings, hereinafter referred to as Boconnoc, on the following conditions. Boconnoc House and Boconnoc Holidays are family owned private limited companies incorporated in England (Boconnoc House Limited registered number 04600431 and Boconnoc Estate Holidays Limited 04467319) with its registered address at 12 Southgate Street, Launceston, Cornwall, PL15 9DP.
AVAILABILITY AND BOOKINGS
A 25% deposit with your booking will reserve your accommodation. The outstanding balance will be due 35 days before your arrival date. If for any reason Boconnoc has to change the accommodation requested, you can cancel your booking with a full refund of monies pre-paid.
All rates offered by Boconnoc are subject to availability and the discretion of Boconnoc. Boconnoc reserve the right to adjust prices quoted in the brochure or on our website due to errors or omissions or changes in VAT.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
Arrival and departure. Your accommodation will be available from 5pm on the day of arrival. Check out is by 9am. These timings are to give cleaning staff additional time to clean properties.
You are welcome to bring up to 2 dogs to Boconnoc. There is a charge of £15 per week per dog. Bookings that include dogs are taken on the understanding that all flea and worming treatments are up to date. Please remember that they should not be left unattended in the accommodation at any time. You, as the dog owner, will be responsible for removing any evidence left by your dog and reimbursing Boconnoc for any damage caused. Dogs should be kept on leads whilst outside in the grounds of the Boconnoc Estate.
The use of accommodation and amenities, such as use of the tennis court, where offered is entirely at the users’ risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury, or loss or damage to users’ or visitors’ belongings.
Further, Boconnoc cannot be liable to you, any member of your party or person visiting the property during the period of your hire of it for happenings outside its reasonable control, such as breakdown of domestic appliances, plumbing, wiring, temporary invasion of pests, building works at adjacent properties, damage resulting from exceptional weather conditions or other unforeseeable circumstance.
In no circumstances may more than the maximum numbers of persons, as stated in the brochure/website, occupy a property. Boconnoc reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed. No refunds will be given if admittance has been refused for this reason. The person who completes the booking, i.e. the lead name, certifies that he or she is authorised to agree to the Booking Conditions on behalf of all members of the party, including any changes. The lead name must be over 18 years and a member of the party occupying the property. The lead name agrees to take responsibility for all members of the party. We reserve the right to refuse or revoke any bookings from parties that may in their opinion (and at their sole discretion) be unsuitable for the property concerned.
For the whole of the period included within your booking, you will be responsible for the property and will be expected to take all reasonable care of it. The property and all equipment and utensils must be left clean and tidy at the end of the hire period. If a property is not left clean and tidy, any additional cleaning costs will be charged to the hirer. Should there be any specific health or mobility difficulties which may affect a party member; this must be pointed out at the initial reservation stage so that the suitability of the property can be assessed.
In line with the change in UK legislation, Boconnoc operates a NO SMOKING policy within all interior areas. For resident guests who do not comply with our NO SMOKING policy, a charge will be added to their bill to include the cost of cleaning all soft furnishing to remove the odour of tobacco. We appreciate your co-operation with this No Smoking Policy.
You are recommended to have insurance to cover cancellation, curtailment, and loss of baggage, personal effects and money.
It is a requirement when booking to pay a refundable damage deposit. This deposit is due 7 days prior to your stay and held by Boconnoc to be applied against the reasonable costs of miscellaneous repairs to and/or replacement of and/or additional cleaning of furnishings, kitchen equipment, crockery, glass, keys, bedding and towels damaged or soiled otherwise than by usual wear and tear during the period of hire by you or other members of your party. The balance of the damage deposit will be returned to you within 7 days of the departure date. Where such costs exceed the accidental damage deposit you will pay such excess to Boconnoc within 14 days of being notified.
Please bear in mind that much of our properties’ character and charm is due to their age and they are at the heart of a historic and active rural estate. Country sports may be taking place on the estate between the months of October and January. If you have any concerns, please talk to us at the time of making your reservation. Also, please remember that should traditional property features (steep stairs or low beams, for example) be a problem for any member of your party, you must consider and mention this prior to booking.
The information provided by the Client may be processed by Boconnoc for the purposes it has notified to the Information Commissioner. By confirming a booking or enquiry, the Client consents to this processing of the information. Boconnoc respects the privacy of every individual who visits our website. The data collected about you will be used to firstly fulfil any service you might request e.g. to request a brochure, make a booking etc and secondly to improve how, as a company, we serve you.
We will under no circumstances give your personal data to third parties. However, unless you specifically ask us not to, we will use your data to send you further information from Boconnoc. Any e-mail sent to you will always provide you with the option to unsubscribe. This is in accordance with UK Data Protection Legislation.
Other than for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Boconnoc, Boconnoc’s liability to the Client is limited to the price of the booking. Unless Boconnoc is liable under the above clause, the Client indemnifies Boconnoc from and against any and all liability and any claims, proceedings or damages resulting or arising from the booking, event or function, the Client, guests or any outside contractors of the Client. Boconnoc will not be liable for failure to perform to the extent that the failure is caused by any factor beyond its reasonable control.
Boconnoc does not accept responsibility whatsoever for damage to, or theft from, or theft of, vehicles parked on the Boconnoc Estate. We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of rectifying damage, caused by the deliberate, negligent or reckless act, omission, default or neglect of the Clients, their guests or sub-contractors to Boconnoc’s property or structure. Should this damage come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to guest’s credit / debit card, or send an invoice for the amount required to make good or remedy any such damage, to the registered address. We will however make every effort to keep any costs that the guest would incur to a minimum.
Boconnoc does not accept any liability for services rendered by third parties to Clients notwithstanding that such services may be arranged by Boconnoc. Any claim, demand, charge, suit or damages which may be incurred by the Clients or their guest (or any person claiming there-under) shall be made directly with such third parties and Boconnoc shall render all reasonable assistance in this regard.
Boconnoc cannot accept responsibility for any errors or omissions and reserves the right to cancel, amend or vary the details featured in this website without notice. The information contained in this website is provided in good faith. The use of any information from this website is entirely at the risk of the user. Boconnoc will not be liable for any costs, losses, expenses or damages (whether direct or indirect, special, economic or financial) that may be incurred through the use of any information contained in this website or in any other website linked to this website.
REQUIREMENTS DUE TO COVID-19
* You must not travel to Cornwall if you or any of your party are showing signs of any symptoms or are required to self-isolate under the test and trace system
* As per government guidelines, if you or any member of your party show signs of covid-19 whilst staying at Boconnoc, you are required to book a test and isolate immediately at the property. Unless your holiday is nearing its end and there is insufficient time to obtain test results before the end of your holiday, in which case we request that you immediately return home. We should be notified as soon as possible of the test result. If you have remained at Boconnoc in isolation and the test is positive then the whole group must immediately leave the property if this is reasonably possible. If for any reason it is not, and self-isolation is required to take place at Boconnoc then all fees for all bookings affected by this self-isolation will be borne by the guest
* You must not arrive at the property before check-in time
* The property will be prepared for your arrival and disinfected by the cleaners to the best of their ability, but nothing can be 100% guaranteed for obvious reasons
* Please bring your own hand sanitiser and hand wash. All guests should wash their hands frequently during their stay
* Prior to departure, please make sure the property is clean and tidy. Please remember the risk to your security deposit if you leave the property in poor condition
* Please strip all linen from beds apart from mattress and pillow protectors and put in laundry bags stored under the stairs in the cottages. Tea towels can be left in the kitchen. We need to reduce the handling of linen at all times
* Please clear the fridge and property of all food and drink on departure
* Please load the dishwasher with as much cutlery and crockery as has been used and put on the hottest cycle prior to departure
* This year we will not be providing our usual tea, coffee, sugar etc so please bring all you need with you
* Please leave by the departure time to allow cleaners extra time to clean properties before the next guests arrive
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR OUR MASTER CONTROL CANCELLATION POLICY
Boconnoc provide a 100% cancellation policy if bookings are cancelled, provided the following conditions are adhered to:
* Boconnoc requires a minimum of 25% deposit for initial booking
* Boconnoc requires any balance owed by guest to be paid no later than 35 days before check in
* The maximum trip cost reimbursement is £19,500. Booking with a trip cost of more than £19,500 will not qualify for Master Cancel
* Bookings with trip costs of over £19,500 will need to purchase optional travel protection for coverage benefits
* Master Cancel does not cover two items: 1) war/terrorism and 2) nuclear/radioactive disaster
* We reserve the right to cancel your booking if you are not adhering to government guidance, including not following advice on recommended number of families staying together in one property
* Only lodging costs are refunded. Additional extras, including but not limited to cleaning fees, taxes and other ancillary charges, will not be refunded
* Refund Payments for cancelled bookings 61 days or more before check in date will be released to the cancelling guest within 5 days of when the cancellation is made
* Refund payments for cancelled bookings from 60 days up to and including 2 days before your check in date will be released back to the cancelling guest on the scheduled date of check-out of the original booking
* Cancellations made 1 day prior to or the day of check-in will not be eligible for refund. Example: For a check in on Saturday, Guests could cancel the prior Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, but not Friday (1 day prior) or Saturday (day of check in)
* Guests may cancel their reservation by notifying their property management company in writing that they wish to cancel